This Disappears When Logged In

VERY useful Freeware

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Microscope Jockey, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

I had a computer issue this week and I'm reinstalling all my programs and it occurred to me that others might like to use this freeware:

http://www.thegeckocam.com/hcs/download/index.php

I have used it the whole time I've kept reptiles (oh a WHOLE year :p ) and the features I really like are Feed Me! which pops up when you enter the application and tells you who needs to be fed and when you last fed them. There is also an export feature that allows you to convert your entries into a MS Excel spreadsheet which can handily be printed and taken to the vet. The other features let you record feeding (food item and quantity), breeding, shedding (ease of shedding), illness, weight, length, enclosure, purchasing and selling info and more. You can also record all your enclosure parameters and download your care sheets. The best part is: IT'S ALL IN ONE PLACE! I say this because when I have recommedned it before I have been sneered at by folks who like to just make thier own spreadsheets. At least have a look, I REALLY find it useful. :D

2. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I second that! Ive been using it for a while as well. I just wish they would come out with an update to fix a few tiny bugs. But I cant expect much, its Free! :)

3. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Go post on the creator's site, he is definately open to feedback. Which bugs?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I use it myself! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.