This Disappears When Logged In

Very strange!

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by jacky, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

My sinaloan was in shed and about one and a half weeks ago I noticed the milky eyes and all.Now I waited and waited and she kept hiding,as they do when in shed,of course,so I checked on her every day(lifting her hide )!
    Today she seemed very shiny and red,as if she already finished shedding,but the old skin was nowhere to be seen in her terrarium! :confused:
    I took her out and tried to feed her,'cause the last feeding was on 29.March. She took the fuzzy with great hunger.
    Well,that's good and all,but what confuses me is where is the shedding gone?? :confused: Or didn't she shed at all yet,but she was quite shiny!
    And she ate!Normally,they don't eat while in shed,or am I wrong?

2. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Yes snakes will eat while in shed, a lot around here don't care if they are in the deep blue or not, they could care less. As you probably know already, they start to go into the shed, before turning blue, after a few days when they have that milky color to them they clear up, and really sometimes it really does look like they have already shed, being they look so nice, but usually they clear up like that in some cases really nice, and then shed. So yours is probably due to shed anytime now, some snakes will eat during a shed cycle, and others wont.

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks Amelia,

Now I just have to sit and wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.