This Disappears When Logged In

Veiled Chamelon Acting Strange After Enclosure Upgrade

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Chubel, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

1. Chubel

Chubel New Member

This is my first time having a chameleon. He's a male and about 6 months old. When I first go him I had him in a small reptibreeze screen enclosure. The entire time I've had him he's been doing great. He was eating a ton and grew quick so 5 days ago I upgraded him to a Dragon Strand Large Clearside Atrium. The top and right side of the enclosure are screen and the rest of the enclosure is a clear PVC plastic like material. The cages measures 45" wide 45" tall and 22" deep. Since I've moved him into his new enclosure he's been hiding a lot and I haven't seen him eating. In his smaller cage I dumped the crickets in the same spot every time and he would be there right away to eat them all. His new enclosed is full of live plants, all plants safe for chameleons and I have a mistking sprayer that set to automatically mist his enclosure 3 times a day for 1 minuet and 30 seconds each time. His humidity ranges from 45-65. Any idea why he's hiding so much and doesn't seem to be eating?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Subscribed User Premium Member

New enclosure= new acclimation period. It will likely calm down after it has had a chance to get used to it's new surroundings.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree. Something else to consider is the glass sides. They are territorial and the sight of their own reflection can freak them out.
    Maybe some artificial plants against the glass to block their reflection.

Darkbird likes this.