This Disappears When Logged In

Veiled Chameleon Won't Open One Eye.

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by aramos, Feb 24, 2017.

1. aramos

aramos New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first time writing on this forum. I recently bought a green veiled chameleon about 12 days ago. At the pet store they told me that he was a couple months old. I want to say 4-5. He's been doing great. He lives in a tall ventilated mesh cage with his 5.0 UVB light and a 60W UVA light. When he basks he's about 6 inches away from the lights. I've been feeding him med-lrg crickets, dusted with calcium and vitamins. I spray his habitat about twice a day with water. But this morning I wake up to check up on him and his left eye is closed. I though that both of they were closed because I was able to only see one side of him but it turns out it was only his left that was closed. I'm a little worried. So when I go to feed him crickets he starts to open his left eye again. But when he is done eating the cricket, he goes back to closing his left eye. I'm not sure what the problem might be. I would greatly appreciate the help on this matter. I'm brand new to taking care of a chameleon. I just want him to grow up well. Thank you.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If he is facing the other way does the eye closest to you close. They will do this to de-stress. It's making the big scary thing (you) go away.