This Disappears When Logged In

V - One Year Update

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Dragoness, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

We acquired V a little over one year ago (acquired him on 11/11/14)
    He is doing fantastic!
    For those who have not heard his story, here is how he started:
    Possible New Addition | Herp Center

He is doing very well - he is an absolute sweetheart of a snake, despite his rough start. He regularly goes out in public, including to local schools. I take him to local events, and find a quiet corner to sit with him where people can approach me, but won't be surprised by a large snake. It's just awesome to see how people react to him, especially after hearing his story.

He eats, sheds, and poops like he should. He does, of course, have scars, but they are progressing nicely, and most are now almost fully pigmented. He has good scale and pigment regeneration with each shed, though many of the larger ones still have 'dents' where a good mass of tissue was missing.

He has a permanent wheeze/whistle as a result of his facial and nasal damage, so I keep a close eye on him, because I can't use that as a symptom to diagnose respiratory issues.

His first few sheds were very bad, but lately, they all come off very nicely.

Now for pics (Working on an unfamiliar computer, mine crashed :( pardon any difficulties i have in getting them linked or uploaded)

V - 1 year update | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    V - 1 year update | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

2. Salty Rob

Salty Rob Active Member

That's awesome he is doing good. He is beautiful. I wish you only the best of luck in the future of snake keeping

3. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

WOW! He looks so much better! I'm so happy that he's doing better now :)

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Well that is definitely a huge improvement from when you got him. I tell people all the time, these animals have an amazing ability to recover from the damage an ignorant keeper can do. And considering the condition of him when you got him, a little wheezing is pretty darn good results.