This Disappears When Logged In

Useless Fogger...

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by Alby, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Alby

Alby Elite Member

I recently purchased a fogger for my MHD (since I wasn't allowed to mist him for 10 days after his surgery) to help keep his humidity up. All it has done since then is keep his humidity at 50% and flood the bottom of the tank. It creates fog just fine, but none of it seems to go up past the bottom half of the tank.

I have it in a small container with a slotted lid (since I know the ultrasonic ones can be dangerous to the touch) until I can get my waterfall fixed. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Cammy

Cammy Member

You're not doing anything wrong, but foggers are typically made for spreading out a layer of fog lengthwise, not fogging up an entire tall tank, which is what I'd imagine you have your MHD in. Maybe with some circulation one could create the effect you are looking for, but it would take some messing around with.

Have you considered setting up a drip system instead? You could have a water container (milk jugs work great) with a tiny hole in the bottom set on top of the cage, positioned over some peat moss running down the back wall to catch and hold the moisture.

Honestly, though, ten days of slightly dry conditions is not going to hurt your dragon in the long run.

Hope your little guy is recovering from surgery nicely and is okay now. =)

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Is there room for a human humidifier in there?

4. Alby

Alby Elite Member

I had a feeling that would be the case. I may just return it and try the drip system idea. He's been the most active I've ever seen him, despite the dry conditions, which is nice. :)

Liz: No, I'm afraid their isn't room for the one we have, but its sitting on the floor right near his stand so it helps a little.