This Disappears When Logged In

Uromastyx Enclosure... Question About Tile.

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by ashley36, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ashley36

ashley36 Elite Member

Hi everyone,
    I am about to get the tile for the enclosure I'm building for my new Uro and I was wondering if it would be safe to put a ceremic tile back splash.

Back splash tile would be
    image.jpg
    Or
    image.jpg

Tile for the floor would be
    image.jpg (I think... Still undecided)

Also how would I attach the tile to the wood? Would it be the same as a kitchen floor or would I have to do something extra because of the heat in the enclosure?

Thanks ahead of time,
    Ashley

2. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I'm in the same boat and wondering how to keep the siding tiles stuck down. I used liquid nails and had to redo some, and then ended up with some falling off again. I'm kind of wondering if I didn't let the liquid nails sit long enough. My stuff is a little different. I'm using peel and stick all the way around, so it might be different answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  3. robinsonfam1

robinsonfam1 Member

i always recommend concrete board for tile. use thinset to adhere them. dont grout those mosaic tiles. that would be a nightmare!
    get std thinset, not speed set unless youre well versed and fast!

4. Logan

Logan Elite Member

What's concrete board? Not trying to hijack the post, but its information that may be helpful to me as well.

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Um, this is an enclosure not a house floor. You don't need concrete board really.
    Just a flat surface.
    I would think that tile adhesive would work fine for background as the heat lamps are not directed on it.
    For floor you could just cut them and lay in loose. It would be easier for cleaning to just be able to remove them.