This Disappears When Logged In

Urgent Request - Purple Mangrove Viper Bite

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by fire2225ems, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey, just doing my part in trying to pass this along to see if we can help this person. Anyone with info wanna post here, I can PM ya with the e-mail if you think you can help. Thanks!

EMERGENCY RELEASE
    The Center for North American Herpetology
    Lawrence, Kansas
    http://www.cnah.org
    24 September 2008

EMERGENCY - VERY URGENT

Can someone please help me with information with regards to a snakebite victim in South
    Africa

A 33 year old male was bitten at 12.30 pm South African time by a Purple Mangrove Viper
    (Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus). The snake occurs in India and SE Asia surrounding.

The victim was bitten twice and is in a critical condition.
    The snake is haemotoxic with slight cytotoxins. We do not have the anti-venin in South Africa.
    Could someone please come back to me urgently as this is an emergency.
    Should anyone have contact details of anyone in India or surrounding where these Vipers occur please let me have the contact details.

Please reply to this email address:

****@yahoo.co.uk

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Don't worry....many many people are on the case. I am also aware of it. There is a very strong possibilty it is a sick hoax. Thanks for passing it on. :)

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I was worried that it might be a hoax, but figured that it would be better to pass along just in case... But I was also hoping you would respond. You were the first one I thought of when trying to think of who would know... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.