This Disappears When Logged In

!Urgent! Reptile Rescues Needed in North Texas

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Drache Dame, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

In Arlington Texas, thousands of animals were rescued from horrid conditions. While there are rescue missions underway, there are not nearly enough rescues or foster homes. Here is the article about the situation: Exotic Animal Raid

If you are able to help in ANY way, please contact Courtney Stevens: cstevens@spca.org

If you are interested in the amount or species, you can download an excel document here which is a complete list. Thanks!

2. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Great Idea, but I feel PETA is to blame for all this. It was their guy that caused all these problems. Left the animals to die. Great job Peta, only nut jobs sign up lol.

3. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

I know it's absolutely disgusting. PETA is one of the groups I hate the most!

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I am assuming they wont ship animals?

5. venus

venus Founding Member

To bad I dont live closer.

6. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I live closer.. I'll see if there is anything I can do.. We're not at capacity anymore so we may be able to take someone in

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Maybe I missed something but how is it PETA's fault that the wholesaler was keeping animals in deplorable conditions?

8. Merlin

And from what I have read, none of the animals will be adopted out to individuals. Only recognized rescues and zoos.

9. purplemuffin

That is probably for the best :) Those animals have had enough trouble, and there are a lot of willing people out there who mean well and who would take them in but honestly wouldn't be able to care for them properly..

I hadn't read much about it since it happened, I'm glad you followed through!

10. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Thanks Merlin I was un clear as to the situation with new homes etc.....

11. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

They are currently looking for fosters because they are all in custody of the state, and have limited resources. If you are interested in fostering, or know anyone that could, then please e-mail Courtney, and she'll be able to give you the best amount of information.

Merlin: PETA was "investigating" the situation, but did nothing about it. They left animals that were dead, starving or extremely ill in dire conditions. So much for "animal rights".

12. Merlin

While I have no love for the PETA organization, their one man investigating the issue is not the one responsible for the conditions in the storage facility. The bottom line on that one falls on the owners and managers of the facility.

13. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

While of course he is not completely at fault, there is definitely more that could have been done.

14. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

See it was his fault though. It was his goal to screw it all up. Because he was on PETA's payroll. Sabotage is what its called, Yeah they should have checked themselves but i guess they took his word it was done. If you worked for PETA why would you make animals suffer? Oh yeah thats right thats a lie. They have been caught in the stink a time or two. Killing cats and sogs and such and dumping bodies in dumpsters.

15. purplemuffin

Peta is why i'm sometimes wary of animal "rights" groups.. There seems to be a difference between these and the animal "welfare" groups even though they are often categorized as the same.. One type of group tends to focus on throwing red paint, stirring up controversy, and spends a lot on their self image.. The other type of group spends much more of their money on actually making sure animals are properly cared for and donating to shelters and rescues.. Those generally fade into the distance though(cause they don't spend money promoting themselves)

Either way it seriously is the fault of the people who put the animals in that bad condition.. Boxes full of animals that had been left sitting unopen for days?? Horrible!