This Disappears When Logged In

Upright Cage?

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Dragoness, Oct 17, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Ya jen the hottest ive ever seen my heat panel get to was 140 deg surface temp(of the panel itself) and that was unregulated wide open for several hours. Lucy will tap her nose against it from time to time and ita never been an issue

2. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

Looks nice. How old is jacket?

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm not sure exactly how old he is - he was given to me by another member here, but I can find out.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

In the area of 3-4 years old.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well cage is 100% ready to go. Door handles, thermostats, hygrometers, and heat panels, lighting, and everything else are all GO.

Jacket needs to get this skin off! With any luck, he'll do it tonight, so I can put him in his new cage tomorrow (my day off) and watch him explore and settle in.

Now that thermostat has tweaked out temps to desirable ranges, the gradient in this cage is totally vertical. The basking spot (highest branch - about 6" below the panel) is right around 90ºF (88-92) with the highest parts of the cage reaching no higher than 94ºF. Those are daytime temps. Night temp drops down to around 85ºF up top.

Floor-level temps of the cage are usually around 80ºF by day, and 76-78ºF by night.

When I mist the cage in the mornings, it has been shooting up to about 62%, and gradually declining to about 40-42% by the end of the day. It hasn't gone below 40% yet, probably because we also run a humidifier in that room. I'm sure it will be higher once I move him in, because he will also have some floor substrate to help maintain it.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Moved Jacket in today. He shed yesterday afternoon, right as I was leaving for work.

He explored for a couple hours, then settled down on the highest branch (the basking area) and has mostly stayed there.

Camera lense fogged a bit being in the enclosure with the humidity.

Attached Files:

7. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

Very cool. I can't wait until my jcp is that big. Jacket looks happy

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice Jen!!! Both Jacket and the enclosure look good, and it came out really nice, congrats. Jacket looks to have some good size on her! Despite the lens fogging up I think the pix came out nice. When are you going to be taking orders on enclosures ;)