This Disappears When Logged In

Upgrade Under Way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Um... I don't really know how to describe what I'm asking. It's not really that important anyways. lol Basically it's kinda like AOL or Yahoo. You can link your facebook page to those and you can post articles or videos to facebook from their page. I figured since the like button was on here you could possibly use your facebook page to like the comments. Hopefully that cleared it up some. I'm not very good at describing things. lol

One more question... I've forget how to change my signature. Do you edit it in the about me section? If so how. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Once I get things squared away members will be able to associate their facebook account with their HC account. I am pretty sure you will be able to add posts to your facebook page, etc. though I haven't really looked into their API extensively yet.

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

I'm actually not a fan of that idea at all. Forums+facebook=way too much drama and stalking. It actually happened to my husband, and almost three years later this person still hasn't stopped.

4. Rich

Then you don't associate your facebook account with your member account here. ;) It will be a feature, not a requirement.

5. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Okay, cool.

6. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Right now it is under Settings at the top. Once you click on that, you will see a sidebar on the left and under "My Settings" there will be a link for "Edit Signature".

7. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I know you are busy Rich, but I thought you might want to know that my photo albums on my profile dont have pics in them any more and the wrong picture on the page. I figure you are still hammering out details.... I dont know if any others are having the same issues but maybe when you have time you could look at it? Thank you.

8. Rich

the album issues affects everyone, including me. I am currently working on another feature fix and then will attack that one. lol

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Also, the Blood Python caresheet thread is popping up on the new posts page and when you click on it it just takes you to the forum list page.

10. Rich

I regret to say that we have apparently lost our images. My attempts to recover the images over the past few hours have resulted in nothing more than endless frustration and dead ends. With regret I had to remove all of the sites albums in order to allow for the sites database to stop trying to show the destroyed images.

What happened:

The images WERE stored in 2 manners on the site. You had the option to use the database and the option to use file systemstem (a folder on the server). We were using the database and everything was great. The upgrade that was just performed on the site transfered all of the images over to a new system, "attachments", and this is where things broke. Somewhere during the swap something became corrupted and that is why our albums were there but the images weren't. I don't know when the corruption happened, why it happened, or even who to blame for it. I personally think the upgrade script was at fault as we are not the only site that experienced this issue after a 3.8 - 4.1 upgrade. NONE of the people who experienced this received the help they should have because their websites were customized. (vBulletin doesn't support any website that has customizations. It is their way of being able to screw people over on support issues.) The album section works with new images and albums so feel free to re-add anything you lost. I apologize for this issue.

11. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Thanks for letting us know, at least. This is an opportunity for me, because now I get to figure out what photos I want to put up again!

12. YellowOctopus

YellowOctopus Elite Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I have an excuse to update my album now, something I've been putting off for a while.

13. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Woohoo I am able to post finally! I had issues using Google Chrome, I could access the site but not post anything...I thought to try internet explorer and it works just fine...is anyone else using chrome?

14. Rich

I'm not sure why your google chrome wouldn't let you post Melissa. I am posting this with chrome right now.

15. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

how strange! I cleared the cookies (my son told me to feed them to cookie monster when I asked him how to do this!) and temp files and restarted my laptop...Oh well at least now I can post ! I am going to uninstall Chrome and re-install it maybe that will help:(((

16. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

ok that worked, chrome now works and allows me to post,must be something wasn't working right on my end! The site looks awesome Rich, thank you for all you do! Too often lately we only see the negatives about the reptile industry,it's nice to have a place where we are accepted and surrounded by those who appreciate the hobby.

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Can't wait to update my albums.

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Upon uploading the pictures, one of my albums seems defunct. Not sure which end it is on. My "Zoo Herps venomous snakes" album won't view, instead sending you to the "Zoo Herps non-venomous snakes" album.

19. Rich

Its all set now. It was the url rewrite causing the issue.

20. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

That sounds great, Rich! And thanks for the help, Jenn! :)