This Disappears When Logged In

Upgrade Under Way

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As most of you can tell, unless you are new, the site is currently in the midst of an upgrade. lol I realize you can't find anything right now and I am working on it. Things will begin to look like the site you knew before the upgrade soon enough. I also have some new features I will be implementing along-side this upgrade. Sending me complaint PM's and emails does not make me move any faster (I have already received 3 gripe emails). The emails actually slow me down because I stop working and go read them. Keep in mind everyone that I do this as a hobby and I am not getting paid to sit here for 8+ hours a day coding this site. lol I don't owe anyone anything so complaining that I am not moving fast enough causes me to resent you opposed to making me move faster. Its also pretty ignorant on your part seeing as this site is FREE for you.

Feel free to list things you can't find in this thread and I will address them as I move along. Do not expect instant gratification though. This upgrade took me 3 months to prepare for because HC was so heavily modded. It will take me a week or 3 to get things back to where they were.

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Take your time Rich! People will just have to spend more time with their own herps. I'm sure the site will be great as it was before.

3. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Rich, I 1000% agree with Randy! You are the man and anyone who complains just doesn't understand how hard you work to make this site even MORE awesome than it was. Thanks for all you do.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

You beat me to it David "Rich is the Man" you rock, keep up the great work! You are very appreciated around here for all of your hard work and knowledge.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If folks have any idea just how much Rich puts into this site, both in time and money, they would not even think of griping!

Though I have to admit when I logged on this morning and got the "site is down" message I went into a moment of panic and withdrawal DT's!;)
    But the shaking is dying down and the world is looking better! LOL!

6. mld

I had big time DT's, I guess I am addicted to this site!

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

LOL I checked several times yesterday when I got home, I was waiting to tell you all those baby child pythons are in a rescue now :)

The site looks awesome, good job :) Thanks for this wonderful forum, I was a memeber of 10 or so forums, i had to stop going to them because I was wasting too much time on them lol. This is the only forum I kept, lots of very helpful and friendly members :)

8. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Patience and understanding are virtues for a reason! I'm excited about the upgrades, although with no forum to browse last night I found I had too much time on my hands and started thinking about doing house chores! Doing great Rich!

9. mld

Oh No Jenn, House chores! I think there is a little nesting happening with the due date coming!

10. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Great job Rich, keep it up. Too bad you always get some whiners in every group, and I'm betting they aren't the people who have actually donated to help keep this site going. Thanks for all the hard work, now I will patiently await the return of the spell check feature, lol.

11. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Hey Rich,
    I'm sorry to hear that people have been complaining! I am fairly new to HC but I really appreciate everything that you're doing!
    -Aja

12. willow

willow Subscribed User Premium Member

Testing - this is rich

13. Rich

One of the new features is working as expected. lol I posted the above message from my wifes Android phone using our Android App. lol If you have an android phone you can click the text above that reads "Android App" and install it before I actually announce it. I have other things to take care of. Just an FYI, an iPhone App is already being processed. ;)

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I had the same moment of panic, Merlin. It's okay though, I'm getting my dose now.

Because I don't learn computers/technology/programs/gadgets well, I get frustrated with it sometimes, so I don't generally do well with change, but let me say that change is better than withdrawal. I'll figure it out, I'm sure, and if I have questions, I know where to ask them!

15. Rich

Once the upgrade is complete jen most of the site will look and feel like it did before. Hc was THAT customized. I literally spent 3 months moving things around preparing for this upgrade. lol The staff can confirm that. ;)

16. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Re: Site Upgrade

Working fine for me! Exciting. Can't wait til everything is up and running! Looks great.

17. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

You can "like" posts? AWESOME!!!

18. budhorse4

budhorse4 Well-Known Member

I really like the new upgrade. It is easier to get around now.

19. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Thank you for all your work!

20. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

Thank you so much for the android app

I can see now where this is going to be more friendly for use mobole phone users to post photos and such

Attached Files: