This Disappears When Logged In

Updated FBT Tank

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Frognut, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is the new and improved FBT tank -- the ground area (on the right) is now totally covered in rocks, so the little snots stop dragging dirt into the water. Hopefully this will also help the filters last longer -- I like the rock filter (thanks Liz).

dsc_0814.jpg

dsc_0817.jpg

And here is a closer up shot of one of the horny toads...
    dsc_0815.jpg

The tank sits at the main entrance of the house, which opens into my dining room and new kitchen. It's a great show piece, (in my opinion :) )

Attached Files:

2. josh112990

josh112990 Well-Known Member

i agree it is a great show piece you did an excellent job i give it 2 thumbs up and there r some lucky little toads living in there. and as fas as the filters go putting the rocks on the land side will help them last a while longer and good luck with the setup. do you have any fish in the water/ i was planning on doing a setup like this but i wanted the water to be home to some fire belly newts and possibly some neon tetras and other fish of that size. the land area would be planted and be the home of a few green tree frogs or maybe some red eyes

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

That looks wonderful! My brother asked me about FBT, I told him about how erm, lucky you have been and he decided to that he has provided me with enough laughs over the years- so Steph, no, you don't need his address either!

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

But Kelly - one lone female can't get into trouble, she needs a male for THAT!;)

And no on the fish, Josh. I occasionally put feeder minnows in for the toads to eat, but the toads give off toxins that will eventually kill the fish. One minnow that escaped being eaten lasted about 2-3 weeks before he died. I thought adding fish to the water area would be a great idea too, but it won't work.

5. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice looking set-up....you did a great job with it:)