This Disappears When Logged In

Update with Pictures.

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Notafrog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Notafrog

Notafrog Active Member

Hey, I wanted to give ya'll an update of my growing Gopher snake. I took some pictures today and realized she has gotten so big! She is on adult mice now and her color is starting to change. You can see the orange color starting at her tail. Everytime she sheds it goes a little further up her body.

I hope the pictures work...
    Enjoy!

~Alecia

p.s. I am wearing a glove because it is too close to feeding day. lol. But she was actually pretty well behaved tonight.

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Beautiful snake :) So far I have been lucky my corns are nice lol. I had a childs python that bit me a few times, left a horse shoe shaped mark ouch lol.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is so beautiful and her colors are so rich and vibrant! Thanks for sharing:)

PS.
    I have the same gardening gloves

4. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I love gophers and bulls, but my mom absolutely opposes having something that hisses so much. She loves the corns and rat snakes though.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They DO make a lot of noise!
    But its funny that with most of them its all bluff. You could have convinced someone that my big wild caught bull was the meanest thing on the face of the earth.
    But once in hand he was a teddy bear!

6. Notafrog

Notafrog Active Member

I think her colors are crazy bright too! I spent a long time looking for that deep color, so I hope she keeps the richness. So far the only color change she has is that all her creamy spots are turning more orange.

And she sure does make a lot of noise. She has gotten more decisive with it though. I can tell when it goes from just being fussy to "i mean business".

I have a question. She is almost always out and about exploring her cage, night and day. She has two hides, a log, and she burrows in her aspen. She had quite an elaborate system of tunnels (before I changed the aspen yesterday). However, even still she is not hiding away most of the time. (which I am ultimately fine with).
    I am just wondering, is it normal for her to be so exposed?
    She is fed once a week, so I am not convinced she is looking for food.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

7. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

For future reference.... which tends to be the tamer species.... the gophers or the bulls?

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have seen bulls in the wild in full daylight hunting and cruising. So not being hidden is normal
    I have no experience with gophers.

9. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

She is one pretty gopher snake!

10. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

What a beautiful snake! Don't see too many of these.