This Disappears When Logged In

Update Photos on Growth.

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Thalatte, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well it's been awhile since I posted photos of my torts. Bane has gained weight but no length. image.jpg he also free roams the house for most of the day and has several (basking) spots through out the house. Well he has 3 areas so far. All have a 100watt powersun bulb to supply heat and uv plus he goes outside for at least an hour in the afternoon and in the early morning (when desert torts are normally active and outside their burrows.

As far as the other 3 torts so far they have shared an outdoor enclosure but I think that will have to change soon...like in a month if not sooner. Teagers is growing exponentially! It seems every day he is inches longer! In fact he is almost as long as Dozer is bough he is more domed and not as wide. Maynard isn't growing quite as fast but she is still noticeably larger each week. I will be weighing them more often now. image.jpg image.jpg

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Looking good Thala!

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice! Thanks for the update!

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok so weight updates: Dozer is now at 1922 grams, bane is at 1174grams, teagers is now at 1151 which is about 100 grams more than last weekend, and little bitty Maynard is at 714grams.

They also got a new tortoise house: image.jpg image.jpg I still need to do a better ramp and upgrade the insulation as its a bit hot in the house during the day. The desert torts like the house but the sulcatas only go in if I put them in it.