This Disappears When Logged In

Update: Over the Rainbow(s)

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Kazooguyz2, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazooguyz2

Kazooguyz2 Elite Member

I must sadly report that I have lost 2 tree frogs to internal parasites :( Some of you may remember me posting about an American Green Tree Frog named Jake that I treated for parasites. He did bounce back for a bit but apparently too much damage had been done. Also discovered that my Vietnamese Blue had also contracted them. I aggressively treated him/her, doing everything that my local exotic vet requested, sadly to no avail. They have both been interred with a simple ceremony under a blooming Rose of Sharon bush in my back yard. My vet has also given me a medication that is mixed with the water to act as a preventative medicine in case those nasty buggers are still around. We haven't determined where they are coming from since I have had these frogs for a while before any signs showed themselves. Thinking it may be coming from the food source, but not sure. Might have to switch to some other food other than crickets. Any suggestions??? Have tried waxworms and mealworms, these ended up as fishing bait for my step dad.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Parasites can hang around for a long while before you really see any signs. One probably brought it in and transferred it to another. I would take his advice and do a preventative treatment on your other froggies. Many times its too late to help them once they show signs, as like any other animal, they are very good at hiding symptoms.

I doubt its your food source, but if it is, consider mail ordering crickets in bulk. I have ordered from various suppliers and haven't had any problems.

Sorry for your losses :(

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear about that. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.