This Disappears When Logged In

Update on Talyn's wounds

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Ryan was sweet and sent me a pm asking how Talyn was healing up, so I thought it would be good to write an update.

She's doing VERY well. She had her stitches taken out two weeks ago and the wound has closed nicely. Unfortunately her scales around that area will not grow back, so it will always look a bit "stretched" there with white skin showing through. She's still a bit sensitive and pulls away if I touch it too much.
    At the moment, she's starting to get cloudy and her belly has gotten VERY pink -- sure signs of an impending shed... (synchronized shedding with Q!) So I hope it will aid in the healing process.

Here are a few pics of the wound today: the big one is still rather scabbed in the center and raw around the edges, but the second, smaller cut is hardly noticeable at all. I hope that with each successive shed, the big one will also look better.
    NOTE : These pics are still NOT pretty!!!!!!!! :eek:
    Compare to my posts http://www.herpcenter.com/showthread.php?t=2065 and http://www.herpcenter.com/showthread.php?t=2132&page=2&pp=10 if you want to see how it looked before. (ONLY for strong stomachs!!)

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Much, much better. Kudos to the vet and you!

3. BlackJack

Thanks

Thanks Jay:
    Here's another pic just to prove what a tough cookie she is: She won't let anything keep her "grounded"! :D
    Actually she almost never climbs (at least not when I'm looking!) -- But when I put her back into the terrarium the other evening, she decided to see what was up in the tree! ;)

Attached Files:

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Andrea considering what it looked like originally I think it has healed up rather nicely. Most people won't even notice it.

5. Michelle

Michelle Member

She looks great Andrea!! Especially posing in the tree like that for you, what a fabulous pic!

6. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Looks great

Glad to hear that everything healed up so nicely! :D

7. BlackJack

Thanks!
    She's in shed again, so hopefully the wound will look even better after that... it still has a ways to go before it's really healed, but it is a zillion times better than it was! I'm so relieved!

8. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

lol I just asked about Talyn in another thread, impatient me :rolleyes:
    good to see she's doing ALOT better

9. BlackJack

I'll post some new pics here this evening. I'm eager to see how the wound looks now after her shed last night. Thanks for the continued well-wishing for her!!!

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that looks awesome compared to what it first looked like. i love the tree pic too. :)

11. BlackJack

After her second shed

This is what the wound looks like now: after her second shed since the accident. (The shed came off much better this time -- just a few pieces stuck to the edges -- and all of the clumpy scabbing in the middle came off with the shed.)

The wound is completely closed and there's just a bit of red where the new skin is still thin. But I think it's looking LOTS better. (The smaller wound is practically invisible now, so I didn't photograph that one.)

[​IMG][/IMG]

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that looks great. she's healing up nicely. :)

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

She's healing up nicely Andrea! A few more sheds and it will be nearly gone.
    Except for you because you know its there and look for it!

14. BlackJack

Thanks everyone: Merlin, you're right! I'm always afraid that I'm going to reach in and grab her right there (and usually do!) At the moment, she's still a bit sensitive there, but it's getting much much better.
    Unfortunately, there will still be a big white spot there where her scales used to be, but all in all, I think it's the best that can possibly be hoped for!

15. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I'm so happy for you Andrea...the wound does look so much better. Congrats to you for dilligently caring for her. I know it is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.