This Disappears When Logged In

Update on Q

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I just got a call from the vet re: Q's stool sample: PERFECT!!! :D absolutely NO parasites of any kind!!! Yay!!!!! That's a relief: I'm not used to getting calls from this doctor with good news!

I've just bought him some appropriate sized hopper rats to start him on his new diet! (I also bought fuzzie rats for Monty. Might as well try to convert him to F/T rats sooner rather than later! They're more expensive, but there just seems to be so much more "meat" on them!!)

Here are some more pics of my skinny little guy doing his best ETB impression. I'm not sure why so much of his skin shows in between his scales -- it's a bit of a pity for the photo, but I liked the poses anyway.

Attached Files:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Finally,,,,some good news !!! congrats Andrea

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Yes Congrats. About time you hear some good news. I'm glad things are starting to go right for you! Could the skin showing just be from the bending where the it stretches? or is it like that all the time?

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Woooo-hoooo, you deserve a break.

5. BlackJack

In these pictures it's just where he bends; in most poses you don't see the skin. I guess it doesn't take much to stretch him; I just hope it won't be like that all the time if I get some weight on him. Talyn's skin usually only shows through like that after she's had a big meal.

Thanks for the congratulations. I really needed this good news!
    Also I've been checking carefully and even bathed Q twice for 10-15 minutes each time... no sign of any mites. :p
    I'm going to still assume there are some there and stay vigilant, but so far, so good!!! :)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Andrea with all that you have been through lately its about time you got a chance to relax a bit!

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Very good news!!! :D

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just a question Andrea. Why Q?

James Bond fan?

Or is it just short for Quetzacoatl? :D

9. BlackJack

I'm sort of a James Bond fan and really liked the old Q character... But I'm REALLY a Star Trek fan. "Q" is a character that shows up in the Next Generation and in Voyager played by John de Lancie (sp?). He's kind of a pest, but deep down I think he's good at heart.
    "Q" also stands for "Questionable" (was this a good idea?), "Quite" insane and "Quit" trying to fight your herp-addiction!

And I just liked the name for a snake.

When I was suggesting names, Baxter said "I like Q" and I said "Oh thanks, that's so sweet: I like Q too!" (hee hee hee) I was just WAITING to say that!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.