This Disappears When Logged In

Update on Calico

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by JoeyG, Aug 13, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Wanted to share how he's doing and a little about him. He has since eaten over the weekend. Normally I would wait more but he just seemed sooo ready. He took a little rat and loved it! So a few more pics since I removed the cover of one door and he's doing well after his first week. :D Last one of his dad is WICKED!!! This guy is small but as Shakespear said though he be little he is fierce :) (think I got it right)

Hi HC!
    7777697672_67f59162e9.jpg
    IMG_5331

7777698026_f3fbd8d202.jpg
    IMG_5329

After a full belly
    7777697266_4cff271806.jpg
    IMG_5339

mommy
    7777698738_52dc3594ae.jpg
    2_106658_VeryLarge_PV1Itfn6RyMKqbZ

daddy- the reason I got him!
    7777698628_a71ebd2624.jpg
    1121_1232_Large_VOAlQ5XWuUbx6d

Attached Files:

2. justor

justor Elite Member

How could you not love that face! He is just too cute, and his parents are amazing.
    What exactly is a calico? Is it a specific locality type thing or what?

3. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Yea... School us on calico. Joey that dad looks stunning. He almost looks fake. I am obsessed with that pixilated coloring.

4. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Do these guys ever use their hides or do they just chill in the trees?

5. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Pops is killer! From a bit of research on 'calico'...
    -Fine Green Tree Pythons, www.finegtps.com

6. mele

mele Elite Member

The dad is stunningly beautiful.

7. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Holy Cow, Joey!!!! Those are two awesome males, Its going to one of those 'Like father, Like son'

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I know I do love the look of the father! I think he has taken more after the mother, but I'm hoping he atleast carries the genes for future attempts :) He has more blue because mom was a Sorong and he's a little smaller too.

As to hides, they don't use them. All I provide is foliage for them to feel hidden but it's rare for them to go all the way to the ground and just hang out. I give mine enough cover so they seem to be okay. During the day they don't even move if I'm changing out water or cleaning a little. That's why they're so great for displays! Unlike a little female Ball which I haven't seen since after the first day of getting home :)