This Disappears When Logged In

Unfinished Basement?

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by MyImmortalWolf, Nov 23, 2014.

1. MyImmortalWolf

MyImmortalWolf Elite Member

Would the unfinished part of our basement be okay for reptiles? It's dry, warm, and clean and has a dehumidifier running 24/7
    100_0264.jpg
    100_0263.jpg

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Anywhere in your home would be fine for reptiles so long as their needs are being properly met.

3. MyImmortalWolf

Alright, thanks! I was just wondering there would be special concerns for an unfinished space vs a finished one. I may use that space as my reptile room then, since right now it's only being used for storage.

4. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Depending on what you're keeping you may not want the dehumidifier, or at least not all the time. Definitely something you'll want to be checking and adjusting.

5. MyImmortalWolf

In the room that Thorn's in right now, I leave the dehumidifier running 24/7. It keeps the room warm and the humidity down. I have a bearded dragon at the moment and would like a leopard gecko and a snake.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

The dehumidifier may be necessary for mold prevention. You can still keep tanks and enclosures humid, it will just take more work to make one that is sealed up enough to retain humidity, yet not be completely stagnant.