This Disappears When Logged In

Underwater tongue flicking?

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Microscope Jockey, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

I cleaned the bullsnake cage today (without any belligerence amazingly! :p ) and when I was done Ginger came out for a drink. I was watching her drink because I think her cheeks are funny and I noticed occiasonally she'd flicker her tongue underwater! Wierd? Ever see anything like that before?

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I don't think I've ever seen the tongue underwater in any of our snakes.....cool though

3. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

one of my corn snakes dips her head under water like she is bathing and tongue flicks hte entire time. and my boa, she doesnt go to the water bowl, but when i mist her and she drinks, occasionally she will tongue flick on the glass to find water dropletts

Danielle

4. BrianS

BrianS Elite Member

Maybe it's just wanting to know what YOU taste like :eek: LOL!!! :D

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

When I give Talyn, my BRB, a bath she usually goes underwater, blows bubbles out of her nostrils, then explores the whole bottom flicking her tongue in and out as she would exploring any other surface!
    I thought it was really amazing, too!
    I was also really surprised how long she could stay under water before coming up for air!
    Snakes are just incredible animals!!! :D

6. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

Yea Actually My Bull (pepper) He Puts His Whole Body In The Dish Then Swims Around And The He'll Sit There Under Water And Drink It With His Lil Tongue Flicking!! Haha It's The Cutest Thing Ever

7. The D

The D Mango Empress

my rtb has always been a under water toung flicker =^.^=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.