This Disappears When Logged In

Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by BlackJack, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It breaks my heart to tell you all that Talyn, my rainbow boa, is dead. She seemed absolutely fine before today. There was nothing to make me suspect she might be ill at all.
    I have no idea if it is related to her pseudo-pregnancy, or the parasites she got from the male, or the treatment for the parasites or something else altogether. I will call my vet tomorrow for info about getting a necropsy done.
    Here a few of her better pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RIP sweet girl; you will be sorely missed.
    She was special. :(
    I'm crushed, I just can't believe she's gone with no warning at all.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Awww Andrea, I am so so sorry. That is unbelievable and very sad to read. Its so disheartening losing a pet but she was like part of our family to. **hugs**..Please let us know when you find out the results.

3. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

i am very sorry to hear this....:(

after all you went through with her...at least it was quick and she was not in any apparent pain for a while. She was a real stunner...thanks for the pics.

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry Andrea :( I know she meant a lot to you, and I think a lot of us felt a little close to her too. I hope the others are ok, and please let us know if you find out what happened to her.

5. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Oh Andrea....I feel so close it seems I have lost one of my family members....my heart goes out to you... for strength and light....my condolences.......

6. BlackJack

Thank you all for your nice comments. I just can't believe she's gone. It rips my heart out every time I think about it.

7. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

That's horrible. I am so sorry to hear that. It sounds like you went through a lot with her to. It's a good thing it happend so suddenly though, you know she didn't suffer any pain.

8. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Im sorry to hear this, she was a wonderful snake.

9. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

omg what the!!Andrea so sorry to here this i hope this dosen't stop you getting another female brb and breeding in the future.

10. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I'm so, so sorry!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh Andrea!!!!!!!!!! That is terrible
    I am so sorry to hear this. After all the two of you have been through and to lose her like that unexpectedly! You must be devastated! I am just at a loss for words! Please let us know what you find out!

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Andrea that is just terrible. My thoughts go out to you in this trying time, I know what a good "mom" you were and how devastating this must be.
    (((((((( hugs ))))))))

13. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

this was such an unexpected thing to read! i'm so sorry to hear about it and am very shocked! its very sad and hard to think of something to say. the last thread i read about her was with the hat/new pillow hide and she seemed quite content. she was so beautiful and had a great personality and i'm sad to hear about her passing so suddenly. please let us kow what you find out. my thoughts and prayers are with you and may she rest in peace. :(

14. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Andrea! I'm so sorry! She was a beautiful girl and I think we all got fairly attached to her over the past few months. Please keep us updated.

15. aztec4mia

aztec4mia Elite Member

Andrea my deepest condolences, she was a beautiful snake, and please do keep us updated on the results you get back.:(

16. UroTamer

UroTamer Active Member

So so Sorry

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!!! People who don't have pets can't understand the sorrow we feel at a loss. Our little kids are as dear and precious as life itself and it's crushing to lose one. I feel your pain as if it were my own, as I've been through it myself a couple times.

Know that you are in my prayers.
    Kenn

17. BlackJack

Thank you everyone! You're all really great and your support means a lot. I'm just so stunned and sad; it hurts.
    We're taking her in for a necropsy today. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.

18. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Andrea,

I am very sorry to hear about you losing Talyn! How hard this must be for you!
    She was a very beautiful snake! I am So sorry!

19. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Oh Andrea, so sorry to hear that, you have my deepest sympathy (((HUGS)))

20. BlackJack

Thanks everyone. We have more information now.
    The necropsy revealed that Talyn had a sepsis with multiple organ failure and showed a severe inflamation of the peritoneum and pericardium. The membrane around her heart was completely covered in fibrinogous material: (like cottage cheese), her liver was enlarged with fat and signs of hepatitis, her gall bladder was also extremely large. We saw that she still had residual eggs (much smaller than we saw on the ultrasounds). These eggs had not been reabsorbed and some were necrotic and probably the source of the infection.
    I will post a new thread with photos of the necropsy (not for those with weak stomachs.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.