This Disappears When Logged In

Ultrasonic Humidifier?

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by justor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. justor

justor Elite Member

I just bought Icarus a new Vick's ultrasonic cool mist humidifier because the warm mist one i've been using has become very unreliable. Some days it will operate all day, others it will only go for an hour or so before it overheats and shuts off. I'm hoping the ultrasonic cool mist won't have this problem... anyone use this humidifier? Has it ever overheated or otherwise shut down on you?

Also I'm noticing the mist is quite thick, and there is a lot of condensation collecting (which I guess isn't a problem, but my old one never produced any condensation). I have had it running on the second highest setting all day while at work though, and I just turned it down to the lowest setting which still seems to produce a pretty thick fog. Do you think it bothers him being able to see it? i mean it pretty much looks like smoke...

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I`ve used both warm and cool air humidifiers for quite some time, the warm air are very efficient in a large enclosure, but I think too much in a smaller one, particularly if they are left running.
    It`s very easy to put them on a timer, perhaps 10 to 15 minutes every hour. You can do the same with the cool air if it`s actually soaking everything, just run it intermittantly... No, I don`t think the mist bothers them at all.