This Disappears When Logged In

UK Garden Frog Injured :(

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by kiwicube, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

hi all , i was out gardening with my family and we stumbled across 3 small frogs (very young). Anyway i managed to remove 2 of them safely but the other one jumped away and i thought it at hidden somewhere , however, we later found it with a 'bad' leg if thats the right word and it is unable to jump and is doing almost a limp (very bad).

this is what it looks like aswell - found a similar pic on google which could perhaps tell u mroe about it ?? not sure though.
    [​IMG]

hopefully the image worked :p if not i believe it is jstu a common garden frog in UK

Anyway , i wanted to ask is there anything i can do to re-nurse it back to health or is the only way out is to get my dad to kill it. I have had experiences in keeping frogs- i have kept a variety of Tree frogs and moving onto dartfrogs (this tank is setup and i was unsure whether to use it) . Plz reply if u know what i can do.

thanks,
    kiwicube

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm a big believer of if you find it outside naturally then It belongs outside and let mother nature take over. But that's just me

3. kiwicube

kiwicube Active Member

hi , yeh i decided to take your comment but i couldnt leave it without any attention so i found a fly (which it ate thankfully) , and allowed it to sleep in some leaves and in warmth for a few hours - he seemed for energetic afterwards so i have left him outside where hopefully he will recover :D

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, if it ate the fly that`s not a bad sign, I think if it`s just a leg injury, providing there`s no infection, he/she might make it, I don`t quite agree about not interfering, why not, all animals deserve to receive help if possible (just my personal opinion). ;)