This Disappears When Logged In

Trying to Pick Out New Addition- HELP

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by paleogeek, Aug 17, 2014.

1. paleogeek

paleogeek Member

So I am planning on getting a baby corn in about 2 weeks, and I already have everything ready for it. I want a snake that will grow to be around 5 feet, but I know some only end up growing to be 3 to 4 feet long. Is there a way of choosing a baby corn by the length so I know it will grow to be long? I don't know if that even makes sense, but oh well! :)

2. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Growth is dependant on food intake as well as genetic factors. Overfeeding a snake to make it bigger is certainly possible, but puts a ton of strain on its body, causes numerous health issues, and usually shortens the animals lifespan. If you feed responsibly its basically a toss up as to how big your snake will get.

If you dont like the idea of an animal that may be on the smaller end of of its typical range for that species you may want to look at a different species.

3. LeoLover98

LeoLover98 Member

Yeah I agree. It really is based on how much they eat and of course genetics. I have not noticed any certain pattern to tell how big any reptile will be as an adult.