This Disappears When Logged In

Trying for Egypt

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by MMWC, Jun 9, 2010.

1. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Hi, Im trying to do an Egyptian theme for my Sandfish skinks.
    This is the pyramids I made. I am now just a bit stuck with my background, It is going to take time. I will keep posting the progress.
    Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It looks great, can't wait to see the finished project. What kind of medium are you using for the background. When I was in Egypt I purchased several papyrus prints with pictures and hieroglyphics. Something like that would be great on the background and sealed with polyurethane. You seem to be very artistic, you could always paint a background yourself with an Egyptian theme.
    Keep us posted with updates on your enclosure. Have fun, wish I was there.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Wow, that must have taken a while. Nice job so far.
    Perhaps go with a sand dune background look.
    Or oasis.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thats a great idea.

5. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Thanks for all the ideas, I mite just use them. I was origanally going to try the hieroglyphics myself, I will see how far I can push my artistic skills. :)

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

This is one of the coolest projects I've seen! Well done!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

They look good and will make great hides, push your artistic skillls to the limit, (if you`ve got, flaunt it)!! ;)

8. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Well if I have it, I will definatly flaunt it. LOL :)

Thanks guys, Im hoping to post some more pics soon.

9. komodoking

komodoking Active Member

Congrats man, great looking project keep it coming

10. FXL5

FXL5 Well-Known Member

Impressive pyramids - sure they're Egyptian and not Aztec, though? They look really like that big one in Chichen Itza, in Mexico. Not that the animals have an appreciation for world history...

11. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

Very true, The idea that got me going was when I saw pictures of the Nubian and Aztec pyramids. Then I just went on with the creation, even though I might have changed the design a bit - LOL. So if they are not egyptian pyramids, oops ;) My history is not that great, :eek: but from what I know egypt is all about im gonna try it. If there are a few others added in then it will just make the skinks viv more unique. :)