This Disappears When Logged In

Trinket snake

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Trinket snake, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinket snake

Trinket snake Elite Member

Hello my name is Ben and i was wondering if anyone has a trinket snake because i bought one recently and wanted to learn some information about them. Ive looked on some different websites but they all say different things and seeing as thou you guys own snakes youd know more about it.
    Thanks Ben:)

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Hi Ben and welcome to HCN...I dont have any info on them but I am sure one of our many members will be able to help you.

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Welcome Ben, trinket snakes are very similar to cornsnakes in there general care. You could probably find more info on the net if you searsh by it's scientific name (Elaphe Helena)

http://www.elaphe.it/trinket_snake.htm

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the HCN Ben! Hope you enjoy it here!

5. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Hi Ben,

Welcome to Herp Center! Please post a pic of your snake, I've never seen one of those.

Steve

6. Trinket snake

Thanks to every one for the friendly welcome. How do i post a pic?

7. Trinket snake

This is my trinket snake:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats a beautiful snake. thanks for sharing pics.:) i've never heard of one.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HCN! I occassionally see Trinkets around here but not very often. As Ken said they are pretty much treated like cornsnakes.

10. Trinket snake

Does any one know how many times i should feed it a week. The petshop said twice a week but i dont think ill trust them cause they told me other stuff that was completly wrong.
    Thanks Ben

11. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i think it depends on the size of the snake. i have 2 corns and a rosy boa and i feed them once a week. :) hope that helps some.

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I would say once a week. Most snakes that eat more often than that are those with higher metabolism rates (garter snakes) With the proper prey size you snake should be fine on a 6-7 day cycle.

13. Merlin

Once a week is fine. A mouse approximately the size of the snake at its widest point.

14. Trinket snake

15. Trinket snake

Should i offer him another one later in the week just incase?

16. Merlin

No once a week. Snakes need a chance for their digestion to settle down a bit between feedings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.