This Disappears When Logged In

Tree of Heaven ?

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Iggysmommie, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Ok me and C were outside and as she was basking on her new favorite tree, she did something she has never done before.... she ate a leaf. Now I decided as soon as she did this that it was time to come in. The tree is about 3 feet tall and here its called the Tree of Heaven. I cant find it on the good lists or bad lists so... I was wondering will it hurt her? And before you ask yes she has a leash. got it at the convention. :)

0829111656.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

yes that is the tree. I guess I will watch C for the next few days and make sure she doesnt have any bad reaction to eating the leaf. It also looks like we will be looking for a new outdoor basking spot. Thank you.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It's important to know what plants your animals (and kids) might come into contact with. There are many house and garden plants that are highly toxic (Oleander comes to mind)
    I hope C is going to be OK.

5. mld

I just love Oleander, but won't buy one because of my cat usually tries everything.

6. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I knew what it was and until yesterday C never really had any inclination to climb up on it. She usually sits in the rose bush right next to where we sit outside. Here they grow like weeds and you cant get rid of them. My kids are coming home after school today and up rooting all of the ones in our front yard. Yesterday C ate her normal food just fine and is not showing any effects at all, Called the vet and she said one leaf shouldnt be a problem but to bring her in if she showed any off behavior. So now I will watch to make sure she poops fine.

7. mld

Glad that she is fine!