This Disappears When Logged In

Tragedy

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Typhanie, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

At least it means he's finding something to eat, right?And it's certainly been warm enough lately for him to be active. It's a big relief.

2. The D

The D Mango Empress

Yay! finding his shed is definitely a good sign. Search search and search again my dear! Hope you find him!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

if you found shed on that chair, perhaps he is even in that room still. Keep looking!!!

Maybe bait a small tank with a mall mouse (live) with a cross branch and heat lamp. You never know!

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That's a good sign!!!
    Our GTPs are really only active at night. I think you have the best chance of finding him moving around after 8pm. In the day-time, check anywhere he can "perch": clothes hangers, framework under chairs or sofa, cables behind the TV or stereo, coils behind the fridge or washing machine/dryer. Even if you've already checked there, check again, clearly he's moving around... look for signs of the rest of the shed too!
    Keep us posted! :)

5. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

I'm really hoping he's still in the room somewhere. But he's pretty crafty. Good at hiding.

6. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

yea! sounds like you might get him back!

7. lizardgal06

lizardgal06 Elite Member

If there has been any construction in your house definatly look there. I had a BP that got out. Lost him for 2 weeks. I kept looking and looking. I was so upset so one day I had a friend over and we were cleaning and he is deathly scared of snakes. I walk out to the garage and hear his "OMG its a snake scream." I came running in the house saying you found him! you found him!! Aparently we had some hangers underneath some cabinets near the dishwasher and all this hot humid air was coming out and he made himself at home right there.lol So look around dryers and dishwashers. Some dishwashers have small compartments at the bottom thats perfect for a snake its warm dark and humid. Good luck I hope u find him soon!!

8. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Oh, by the way, guess who's finally curled up in his cage again! :D :D

RIP hamster. We hardly knew ye, but you served us well. :)

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats GREAT! I'm glad to hear you found him.

10. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

Thanks. I thought I'd never see him again. He's a little worse for wear, but seems to be okay.

11. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Woo Hoo!

12. venus

venus Founding Member

Congrats Typh, glad to see he's safe and sound.

13. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That's great news! And he's fed now too :p

14. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

:D Exactly!

Actually, it was a tiny little hamster, so I'm going to at least offer him something this weekend, when he'd normally get fed.

He's actually a lot thinner, but there are pieces of shed all over him. I'm bumping up the humidity for now and hoping he'll get them off. I don't want to traumatize him by sticking him in a pillowcase with a damp towel if I don't have to.

15. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

was it a pet hamster or did you buy it just for this purpose? if it was a pet i'm sorry for your lose even though its kind of funny :)

16. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

No, it was bought as bait. :)

It was a sweet hamster, but I wasn't too attached.

17. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Oh my gosh what great news! *happy dance* lol

18. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Awesome!!!!! great work...great hamster! congrats! ...ok now never again! lol

19. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Great new typh! Glad he turned back up.

20. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

The hamster died for the greater good...

This is another testament that people shouldn't give up hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.