This Disappears When Logged In

Total amazement!

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by jacky, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I just found out by browsing through the net,that we've got venomous snakes in Switzerland!WOW! I never knew! They live in the west of the country,on mountains,and are called Vipera aspis atra.
    Some of the viper species are the most beautiful snakes;shame that they are venomous (or maybe it's a good thing? ?cause that way,my wishlist doesn't grow too big;well,it's too big already!) :)

2. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

And you probably won't get arrested either ;)
    Aren't they protected by the law?

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

rbl,I have no idea at all;just found out about them!But I'm sure they are protected.
    I actually saw a site where a guy has got one of the swiss variety,but I guess you can buy them and breed.I wouldn't know where to buy a venomous snake anyway and I'm not planning to do so,lol! Too risky;they need loads of experience(not the snakes,I mean the owner,lol!)

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Post a site link if you have one, I'd love to see what they look like.

5. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

LOL!! Snakes with experience in not killing their owners =)
    Imagine a brotherwood/sisterwood where they are initiated in the art of not killing their human caretakers =)

Like in so many countries and so many species, there's probably a large number of wild caughts being kept and bread.

6. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Jay,this is for you:
    www.reptiles.de/Illustrationen/Meine Tiere/Vipera a. aspis 1.jpg
    www.reptiles.de/Illustrationen/Meine Tiere/Vipera a. aspis%Kopf.jpg
    www.herp.it/indexjs.htm?SpeciesPages/ViperBerus.htm

There are two kinds of venomous snakes in Switzerland:Vipera aspis and Vipera berus.Since 1967 they are under conservation.If you kill one,you go to jail!

they went further up the mountains because people take away their habitat and by tourism, so I read.

That's so exciting for me,I never knew we had them!WOW! Now 'Crocodile Hunter' could make a show in Switzerland,lol! I bet not many people in Switzerland know that we have venomous snakes here.
    My next hollyday,I think I go to the mountains and play 'find the snake',lol! :D

7. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Very nice looking snakes! I love the patterns on their backs.

8. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Shame that they are venomous!They are so beautiful.I sure would want one!!

9. Joe

Joe Elite Member

We get the Vipera berus here in the uk too!! Seen them a couple of times sunning themselves in the early evening.

10. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

WOW,that gets more and more exciting! I really thought that only the USA,Australia and Africa do have the venomous snakes,because you only see programs from those countries about venomous snakes!

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I may be mistaken but I beleive there are venomous snakes on every continent except Anarctica.
    Some just make better TV material than others.

12. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Which is a shame really.Those snakes are all fab! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.