This Disappears When Logged In

Tortoise Food for Iggs?

Discussion in 'Cyclura - Rock Iguana' started by rhinokeeper, Aug 30, 2013.

1. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

I have seen many people feeding their iggs using tortoise food my question is what type? I have seen a few types at pet stores but I dunno what would be best for an igg. There is a grassland type and a europen one. What should I try?

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

The Mazuri pellets is a good blend of food you could try that.

3. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

I'm trying the zoo-med grassland mix but my rhino isn't showing a lot of interest.

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

you can smash it into a powder and sprinkle it on his regular food. Its how I got my torts to eat the pelleted food.

5. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Yeah not a bad idea. I feed my igg a big mix of stuff like all types of greens squash bell peppers and a base of adult igg food some colorful pellets . It also gets fruit of all types once or twice a week depending on how much I eat haha I always share with my rhino.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That's pretty much how I feed my torts and beardies. They have their staple greens mixture and then the fruits and veggies are the left overs of whatever I don't make. It seems like the best way to feed them.

7. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Awesome thanks for the advice! I got some reptile salad dressing today and my igg has been eating that on the tort food so yay

8. cicero

cicero Member

Mine loves mazuri