This Disappears When Logged In

Toothless! :)

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Logan, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yep. I can give the complete breakdown on what he estimated all the costs at if you want!

2. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Hahaha. Sure ... but I sure won't be using oak. I found a nice looking plywood earlier though.

3. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Be cautious choosing plywood. Often the thicker kind is weather treated, and those chemicals can release fumes when heated. We did not use screws or nails for our enclosure. Everything is put together with wooden pegs. No rusting, very strong, and with a rubber mallet, it can be disassembled to move it, or easily enlarged. :) ours is made of oak.

4. Logan

Logan Elite Member

So even if it's sealed with several layers of poly, I'd still have to worry about fumes? That's the first I've heard about having to be cautious with the thicker ones ... hmm...

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

If its well sealed and you let the poly cure all the way you dont need to worry.

I like the wooden peg idea though.

6. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Yah, it'll be fine if its well sealed and completely cured. Just don't try to use it as is. You can actually buy boxes of precut pegs, which is very convenient, or you can make your own from dowels.

7. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Yea. The pegs are a really good idea, especially considering I'll be moving again at some point. So the pegs would make it even easier to take apart than screws. Gooood stuffs!

8. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Just found another new bug in the empty dubia container. It kind of resembles a wax worm in size, but not as fatty. The segments are smaller, and it's got really long thin spikey hairs. I tried to snag a picture, but every time I try to upload it to photobucket, IE goes bonkers. It's whatever. Theee picture was crappy anyways ...

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its part of the cleaning crew from the supplier. I used to find them in cricket orders all the time.

10. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I've got something else with the meal worms. A smaller beetle. Annnd a bug that looks like a small furry mealworm too ... I figured it was clean up crew, but wasn't sure exactly what. I think the small beetles and the furry mealworm are rice beetles?

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Some sort of a beetle and its larvae that begins with a D. They are edible but thats all I know.

12. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Hmmm. So many different buggies in this house. Haha. One of these days I want to try horn worms ... but I can't order just one and the ONLY person I randomly met out here that has a CWD no longer has it. Guess he had a toad in the enclosure too (pet store said it was ok). He's blaming the toad on the death of the CWD. I haven't asked questions as to what happened or whatever. But, he's got a leo now (like, 3 days after the CWD died). Despiiiiite my pushing, he's still got it on sand too. *facepalm* Oh well. Caaaan't teach every body.

13. AParkin

AParkin Elite Member

Dermestid beetles. I wouldn't think they would be harmfull to eat. But I'm pretty sure they eat other dead bugs and bug waste, so I'm not sure if they would really be nutritious or gut-loadable.