This Disappears When Logged In

Toothless! :)

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Logan, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Logan

Logan Elite Member

So ... I still can't find the tape measure. But, I finally realized I could at least hold him up to a dollar for comparison. A dollar is 6 inches. He's definitely under that snout to vent. I'd say probably 5" tops. STILL HOPING FOR BOY!!! During his last shed his crest did grow some more ... annnd his spikes definitely got bigger. :D *fingers crossed*

2. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Toothless is absolutely adorable!!!! Male or female he/she is definitely a keeper!!

3. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Thanks. I definitely need to get some updated pics. One of these days .... onnnne of these days.

4. zippy2013

zippy2013 Subscribed User Premium Member

onnneeee huh ? :p

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Even if the pics aren't loaded here you really should take some. I kick myself every time I try to find young pics of tai and realize that I only have 2 horrible ones.

6. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I have several of him when he was little. its just such a pain to get them up because of le photobuckets.

7. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Goooot one of him today. Being a gooooooof!

CAM00253_zpsabe90384.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Looks like he may need a bigger home...

9. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Hahaha. He doesn't use that to hide out in. I just use it to prop his basking rock up on. But yea, he definitely needs a total upgrade on everything. This check I'm going to pick up the basic tools I'll need to build him stuff. Sinnnnnnce I don't have to share money anymore, I don't have to worry about buying things to make some one else happy, although we did usually spend the majority of our money on the animals. It just usually tended to be on the furries. But, noooow I can totally focus on him. And, the build will give me something to do once I'm alone and bored.

Power tools wise I'm assuming I'll need a circular saw and a drill/screwdriver? Other than that, is there really anything else I need to worry about?

10. zippy2013

a hammer and we used a jig saw for our lamps and stuff

11. Logan

Logan Elite Member

So, you nailed everything together instead of using screws? Jig saw ... dur. I wasn't even thinking about having to cut the light holes out. I probably won't even need the circular saw, since the size of the plywood would be fine.

12. zippy2013

no we used a drill too. for the smaller things

13. zippy2013

I think in the end I spent (hubby I mean) spent a total of 400 -500 on tools (they were his new toys) a circular saw. jig saw, table saw, a new new drill, sander and other things that aren't coming to mind atm.

14. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Yeeeeeeah. I'm not spending that much on tools. No way. I don't have my own house, and there's no point in things like a table saw. lol

15. zippy2013

we don't even have a table for the saw we use my truck bed lol. and were in a apartment as well. priorities lol are out of whack with him I swear ;P

16. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Haaa. yea. could have put that money into the enclosure. lol.

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I used a drill with a hole saw bit attachment for the lights and the holes the cords go through. A circular saw to sit the boards. A saws al to get the corners on the window frame squared (but you can just use the hole saw to make curved windows). Poly and paint brushes (get several of the cheap ones since this will ruin them and you can just throw them away after). Caulk (get a case since you will use it all) and a caulking gun. Lots of stainless steel screws to prevent rusting. Hinges for the doors if your going that way-I used a long piano hinge so the door didn't end up warping it and then it sagging. Door knobs are Graf but I used a hasp so I can add a padlock when people are over.

18. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I was thinking about a sawsall. I uuuused to have one of those. Uh ... what's the recommended thickness on the plywooood anyways? And, piano hinge?

19. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ply wood I would go with minimum of 3/4 inch. But I think 1in is better if you can afford it as it is less likely to warp.

My new cage for tai is being built with 2in oak I believe for its durability and to make it last forever...but the cage will also cost me a good bit more for it. In the morning when I turn his lights on I will take a pic of the hinge. It's basically just really long and thin.

20. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I figured. And I know... your enclosure price was outraaageous!