This Disappears When Logged In

Toothless! :)

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Logan, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Your a smart man! Most people that allow others to watch their reptiles regret it later. Hope you find something but it may be worth looking at condos instead of apartments since condos usually have a yard of some sort.

2. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Well we made it here late Friday night. So far other than today ... the humidity has been crazy high (even for Toothless). I actually had to fan out his set up yesterday to get it down from 99%. I got it down under 50% for Spike by leaving the fan on him for a while and putting him infront of the open window facing the breeze ...

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So you have a place now?

4. Logan

Logan Elite Member

No ... we looked at a few apartments over the weekend but couldn't find anything we liked. We have a place to stay for pretty much as long as we want so it's not really that big of a deal. The lizards came through pretty well. Toothless is a little less rambunctious than usual but Spike seemed to actually enjoy the drive... Other than yesterday when the humidity was really high he's been beyond active including running around the apartment and getting onto everything he could climb up (including one of the beds and laying there staring at some one while they were sleeping). Toothless has been eating fine and basking and swimming ... just not crazy running around like normal. It's only been a few days so I'm not worried about it. I've got to find a place to get some crickets around here though. Since we're out. Still have mealworms and I can get some night crawlers until I find a good place (or order them). If I can't find a place today or tomorrow I'll just order some more. We did go into a pet store up the road yesterday ... Some crazy stuff. They sell piranhas ... and they had a pretty big leatherback beardie ... .. and all of their reptile lights were $4 .. but the boxes looked old so I wasn't sure if I should get the 36" UVB light or not ... ALSO ... I ended up calling the animal protection league over them ... they had a guinea pig out for sale that was on it's death bed ... and NO lights on any of the reptiles ... granted it was hot out .. but none of the tanks even had thermometers ... much less hygrometers ... and no UV lights. Top it off when the officer called me back ... he had to double check the location because they own 2 stores and they had just gotten a call about the 2nd store ... :/

5. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Well, he's back to his colorful jumpy/bouncy self. He had me starting to worry. He ended up shedding a couple days after I posted last. I thought maybe he was going to, since the one arm he has was white, which I've never seen on him before. Makes me wonder if it was a rough shed for him, or just a large one. He usually just gets dark before shedding, but this time it was white. All of his fingers and toes shed (which I've never seen on him either, but obviously its been happening). Annnnd, we're all employed again now too ... well... not the first one of us that came down ... but then again, she didn't work for 80% of the time she lived with us. I return to my regularly scheduled programming on Monday.

But yes ... Toothless is good now!

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You still need to post pictures...You are really bad about that...should warrant you a flogging at the very least. You know I dont recall ever seeing photos of toothless!!! BAD LOGAN!!!;|(|

7. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Really? I've definitely posted pictures of him!! I'll get onto my photobucket tmw and posted up all the pictures I have of him in here for you.

8. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Ok I am totally CWD stupid basically but I had a suggestion for Tai and toothless (kinda maybe? Or I'm stupid?) What if you used planks like a 1x2 or 1x4 and put like fake foliage on the sided (so they fee secure) and like a walkway around the enclosure. Ok am I even making sense here?

9. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Actually .. that was something I had kind of planned on doing. i still want to give him branches and such to climb on .. but a lot of it is going to probably end up being ramps and such. and any real climbing branches will probably be really thick, even though he proved his ability to climb when he got loose. haha.

10. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Ok well even though I tease Thala I'm going to turn the back part of my room into a CWD enclosure (that would be like 15ftx13ftx13ft) I honestly dont know much about them. But I have used that idea with BD's with success so figured it might work? LOL. I even thought about taking some plank sections and like making like a tunnel out foliage so they could feed hidden?

11. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Alright. Here's a bunch of pictures. I've tried to get them into chronological order ...

toothless1_zps437f9faf.jpg

toothless2_zps7e5da09e.jpg

toothless3_zps7231577d.jpg

toothless4_zps261b0aac.jpg

toothless_zps5e976d72.jpg

toothless2_zps9ed43451.jpg

There. Now you can't say you've never seen him!

Attached Files:

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

WOnderful! We should get him and tai together for a race. See what can move better: no front leg or no back leg!

13. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Idk with dragons but most animals the speed and power comes from back legs and steering and climbing are front ...

14. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So if it was an obstacle course with a home stretch...

15. Logan

Logan Elite Member

They'd probably be pretty well matched.

16. Logan

Logan Elite Member

So, now that you've seen some shots of Toothless, do you think male or female? His crest has definitely grown since the original shots where you can see it, but it's not huge ... Then again, he isn't huge in size yet either. I think the last time we measured he was like ... 5" s-v and like, 15-16" from s-t.. so colorful though! Either way, don't care but would like to know in case I need to make a nesting box...

17. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

In those photos he is 5in svl? If so Female.

18. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Pretty sure the most recent pictures were around 5" snout to vent. I'll have to dig out the measuring tape this weekend and double check. HRMPH. Unaccaptable. I wanted a HIM ... big, cresty, spikey ... harrrumph. I TRADE YOU?! LOL

19. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Sure! 3 legged well behaved female for a 3.5 legged 1/3rd tailed sadistic attitude drama-king...Sounds like a great trade! Where do you want to meet?

EDIT: dont worry there is still hope for toothless. Tai's secondary characteristics didnt come in until he was over 6in svl before that everyone thought he was a female as well.

20. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Haha. I couldn't trade him, even if he is a her ... I'm kind of attached even though one of the house mates says he has 'no personality' ... he likes Spike because he's 'full of personality!'. Well ... yeeeah ... we've seen Spike watch tv, actually bump his face into our like a cat, annnnd 'give kisses'. :)