This Disappears When Logged In

Tongue Q

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Arikun, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arikun

Arikun Elite Member

do grays do the cartoon frog catching thing with their tongue? what/if any frogs do that? my bf thinks they do and doesn't believe me, thanks!

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

What?! Do they catch cartoon frogs? Do they catch prey with their tongues (yes)? Doesn't believe that they do/don't...

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Most frogs don't do the cartoon frog tongue hunt. My Pyxie comes the closest. Most of them lunge and bite. Chameleons on the other hand, throw their tongue far.

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

None of my grays catch their pray with their tongues. I hand feed them all (long story) and all of them leap toward the tongs (and anything that moves during feeding time) with mouths open and front feet frantically trying to grab it and shove it in.

So no to the cartoon thing...

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Its funny, my White's actually use their hands to shove their meal in their mouth.

6. Arikun

Arikun Elite Member

So I was right, thanks! I don't know why he doesn't just watch them feed..you know?
    Mine like to pull on the crickets in their mouths. I'm guessing to straighten them so they fit better, at least that is what it looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.