This Disappears When Logged In

Tomato on the Floor

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by LovetheBaruu, Aug 1, 2009.

1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Haha, land loving, nocturnal? Not so much! I found Krim on the bathroom floor Thursday night. That means she;
    Escaped from her enclosure (10 gallon).
    Jumped off of my desk.:eek:
    Hopped through my bedroom.
    Found the bathroom.
    I placed a board on top of her enclosure, with a small space for air exchange and a vase filled with stones and flowers on top to keep it from shifting. That held her overnight. By the time the coffee was brewed, Friday morning, she was on the stairway. :mad:
    She is in her new 29 gallon. :cool:

2. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Dont you just love the pets way of saying time for a new cage Mum/Dad

3. Orca

Orca Elite Member

That is awesome! How was she getting out??? You should have posted a web cam to catch her in the act ;)

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

That's too funny. I hope she's more happy in the 29.

5. LovetheBaruu

She is eating like a piggy tomato and acting smug. Guess the stress of moving doesn't bother these guys!

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

hehe, good luck! tomato frogs are cute.

7. Ace

Ace Elite Member

LOL! What a site!

8. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Of course the stress of the move isn't bothering her -- she's been telling you for DAYS she wanted the bigger tank!

Sheesh - what did she need, to spell it out in froggy prints on the bathroom mirror???? :p

(p.s. I'm glad the goofy critter Karma is effecting my twin as much as it effects me...) :)

9. LovetheBaruu

No they aren't :p;)!

10. Frognut

Yes they are -- especially at someone else's house! ;)

11. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

So., have we tried any more escapes, or are we happy in our new home?

12. LovetheBaruu

No more attempts to escape, as far as I know, no success at least.our-tomato-eating-worm I posted a video of the piglet...

13. Orca

Orca Elite Member

That is awesome. I burst out laughing when I saw the frog miss the slow moving worm :D Blink is horrible at hunting and does the same thing LOL

14. LovetheBaruu

I love that she wipes the sweat off of her face after all of that hard work LOL.:)

15. jclee

jclee Active Member

Something like that happened to me last night: I had taken out my female big eyed treefrog for about one minute. The male was all the way at the bottom, so I didn't think to close the lid. I put the female away, and spent about an hour loafing on the couch before the male plopped onto the floor, an inch away from my foot. He'd gone exploring in the brief time that the lid was open, and I wonder if he recognized that I was his best bet for getting back home to have some supper. I love escapades like these (especially when they don't end tragically.) I never thought a tomato frog would be so active, though. I think you're giving me the tomato frog fever!

16. Frognut

That was cute, Kelly!! I thought he was waving good-bye, but he did work really hard to catch his food, so maybe he was saying "Whew!".

17. LovetheBaruu

100_6349.jpg Is she just about done growing?

100_6351.jpg She has a new rock, she jumps out of her bath and sits there to dry.

18. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I don't know about the growing but darn, she is adorable!