This Disappears When Logged In

Told so... so many times!

Discussion in 'General' started by BlackJack, Mar 10, 2005.

?

Do you keep strict quarantine procedures for all new herps?

1. Yes, always (3 months or longer)

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Yes, always (1-3 months)

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Hmmm, I've cut it short sometimes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. No, never.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm a "Freeze Freak" too! LOL :p
    Can't say I blame ya, we both had to learn the hard way *sigh*....

2. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I have never introdued new animals to my collection that may be able to be kept together. I do make sure I thoroughly clean my hands and stuff before and after handling them. I am due to get 3 baby beardies at the end of the month but have separate vivs for them set up already even though they have been kept together by the lady who bred them. :) Would it be okay for me to still have 2 of them together in a large viv or should I still quarantine them first????

3. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

Every 3 months is minimal.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

If the lady you're getting them from had them together, you could probably keep them together during the quarantine period. The important thing is to keep them separate from your current herps for about 2-3 months.
    This does not just mean not housing them together: it means being careful that your herps don't get anything from the new ones (ie. mites, other parasites, viruses, bacteria.)
    Always handle your new herps last or clean their enclosure last; and do NOT transfer anything (ie: water bowls, hides etc.) between the vivs.

Better to be safe than sorry! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.