This Disappears When Logged In

Today my best friend, my golden gecko, tiki...

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Golden_Gecko, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Gecko

Golden_Gecko Active Member

Today one of my best friends died. My golden gecko Tiki. He was the best lizard i could ask for. He was tame and he was fun. he was great and still is. As i am writing this i am crying and i will miss him alot.

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your freiend...
    ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Sorry to hear of your loss.Losing a pet that is important to us is always lousy. Sorry you have to go through this.

4. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

i am so sorry! *hugs* ............*gives a cookie* lol it sux having to go through the loss of a pet, but in time it will be better, and your old pal will watch you from heaven as you keep his friends happy every day.

best wishes

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

so sorry to hear about the loss. sounds like you had a great time with him. :)

6. SpeacilK

SpeacilK Elite Member

get a cookie. they always help. here is a poem that might already be on here and if not then i'll post it for you in honor of your wonderful golden gecko Tiki.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

7. venus

venus Founding Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. It really is hard to lose a beloved pet.
    And those of us here KNOW it wasn't "Just a lizard!"
    Here is the poem in its entirety

The Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

9. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I am so sorry to hear of your loss...my prayers are with you.

10. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

So sorry to hear of your loss :( my thoughts and prayers are with you...

11. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I'm truley sorry to hear of your loss. It's very hard to see the bright side of things in a moment like this but everything will be ok.

12. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! He sounds like he was a wonderful friend!

13. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Aww

Such sad news I am so sorry to hear..... :( *hugs you*

14. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Golden Gecko ..... so sorry to hear about your gecko ... I hope that you will get a new one soon and go on in this great world of reptiles.

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.