This Disappears When Logged In

Tips On Buying Supplies In Bulk.

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by nocturnal_curiosity, Jul 12, 2017.

1. nocturnal_curiosity

nocturnal_curiosity New Member

Up and coming reptile breeder planning on eventually owning my own shop. Looking for the top websites to use to buy supply in bulk for leopard geckos, crested geckos, bearded dragons, tegus, ball pythons, red tail boas, amd green tree pythons, etc.
    Looking for: Breeding and hatchling racks and tubs, feeders, hides, water and food dishes
    ANYTHING HELPS WILL CONSIDER ALL ADVICE, Thanks :)

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

Reptile basics was recommended to me by a fellow member. I know they have some volume discounts but not sure to what extent. From what I've seen there inventory is more geared toward larger collections and quality seems a step above chain store brands. I had a minor shipping issue with one order but the rep was super personable and I still got products on time as expected.

3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Established Member

For feeders most large breeders breed their own rodents and other feeders... but if that's not possible I suggest RodentPro for rodents. Appropriate opaque plastic containers like old sour cream containers etc can be used as hides or food and water containers.
    For racks it's probably cheaper to have them made at a custom cabinet shop, if you don't have a way to make them yourself, it's a relatively simple construct. You can wire heat tape etc by yourself. I'm really big on manufacturing/building your own stuff, as when it breaks or something goes wrong you will know how to fix it.
    Just a couple thoughts!