This Disappears When Logged In

Tiny White Worms In Dubia Bin

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by Jsilverback64, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Hello. So I have 2 Dunia bins. One colony that's growing and one feeder bin. Sometimes my supplier ends up putting the small black cleaner beetles in my roach order. I put them in the feeder bin as that's where more moulting happens. My question is will these beetles breed? I've seen small dark meal worm looking larvae. Even a couple "aliens" or pupae. But today I noticed a ton of tiny tiny. Too small for a pic. White worms. Are there's hatchling cleaner beetle worms? I've separated them all sorted out all my roaches from the bin and collected the whole frass mass into a small deli cup. I plan on letting these things grow to figure exactly what they are. Any ideas.

2. to hide this ad.
  3. dp428

dp428 Established Member

I know I noticed superworm pupae turn into a alien like creature im pretty sure. I put up a pic a while ago if you want to compare, but the worms I don't know, they could be pupae, or superworms even, especially if they turn into those alien looking things hahaha. I guess it also could be a type of maggot or something too depending on the size.

4. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

They aren't superiors as way too small. I breed supers. The aliens are definitely beetle pupae. It's the worms I'm seeing I'm at a loss for. They are so small and I mean maybe one mm. They could he just hatched eggs from the cleaner beetles. Which I belive are buffalo beetles aren't wrote researching. The meal worms they make are called dark meal worms and are max 3/4 inch so maybe I have a new hatch of them. That'll be cool. Either way I took them out of the feeder bin isolated them and will grow them out. Can't be maggots either as no flies have been in and can't get in my bins.