This Disappears When Logged In

Time Aware?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by smallgrayfox, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Can snakes be time aware? When you feed them once a week, do they eventually know what day it is? Spectre never used to act any different on feeding day, but the last few times, as soon as it's feeding day, he's out by the afternoon acting all excited...or at least very energetic about something....like he knows what's coming hours before we ever even thaw his dinner. Silly question, I know, but I was wondering if other snakes do the same thing...

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

With consistency snakes will become cognizant of schedules. Mine definately become more active as feeding time approaches.

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I agree, I'm looking around the room now and 3 out of 4 heads are poking out of their hides. (the rats/mice/pinkies are thawing in the kitchen.) lol

4. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Oh yeah definately.. snakes will usually become more active as it approaches feeding day simply because they are hungry and searching for food! But I have noticed some of ours do act differently on feeding day - they are even more active, and just seem to know that its "that time" again! Even when we haven't got the food thawing. I'm certain its because they are time aware.

5. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

This is kind of irrelevant, as im talkin about a monitor......but my Savannah knows the big blueish green bowl's presence is an indication of chow time

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Blizzard and Chaos are their usual lazy selves even on feeding day. except for the ocassional attempt at looking for ways to escape lol. :D

7. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Yes, a little off-topic, but related, our beardeds know that the big silver tweezers mean worms! :p Who said reptiles can't learn??

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

People who DON'T keep them! :p

9. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Same with Tolkien my beardie, when he sees the tub and tweezers with worms in he gets all excited, and runs up to the cage doors :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.