This Disappears When Logged In

Thoughts on Guy Biting Cobra?

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by skelly98, Aug 24, 2012.

1. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If I were the victim of a cobra bite i doubt I would have thought to chase it down to bite it. lol That certainly seems like a silly response since the snake could have easily delivered a second bite. Sometimes you just need to shake your head at people.

3. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Guy is probably in need of some sort of mental health services...

4. ZooLew

ZooLew Member

I feel he could of just practicing self preservation through the apparently held native Nepalese belief that biting the snake that bit you would negate the effects of delivered venom. Although a seemingly brutal and senseless act by western standards, rural communities in the 2nd and 3rd worlds still follow a lot of "medicine man" type theories and shouldn't be condemned for doing so. They haven't had the benefit of high standard formal education or a life guided by science.

You guys should check out the BBC news web service. I find things are presented in a much more rounded, impartial way.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

This is pretty hilarious.

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Some times "You bit me and I'll bite you back." Just doesn't seem to sane in this case :p

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

He's lucky that he didn't get a lethal dose!

8. snakevenom

snakevenom Well-Known Member

it seems like a crazy and dumb thing to do he could of gotten bite again and its not the cobras fault for defending its self theres no reason to kill it and it makes me sad that he did:(((

9. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

i really don't like people who kill venomous snakes, i mean, move it if you have to, but killing it is way unjustified and cruel to the snake....

10. aeral

aeral Elite Member

If the snake bit him there is a reason, whether we consider it a valid one or not the snake obviously did.

That's sad. No respect to understand that they will do what they feel right when threatened. He probably startled it.

11. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

"I could have killed it with a stick but bit it with my teeth instead because I was angry," Miya was quoted as saying.

THAT is what Chuck Norris would do. Insane? Undoubtedly. Unecessarilly violent? Yes. Following the WWDGD code? (What would dos equis guy do.) Absolutely. Although this dude looses points for killing a reptile in its native enviornment, this defines "bad asss."

In all seriousness however... when in a situation like this, people are wired to respond differently. For instance two dogs can be simultaneously terrified of each other. One dog may wimper and back away, and one dog my show hieghtened aggression. This guy obviously handles fear by chasing and biting things. Would not want to fight him.

12. Midori

Midori Elite Member

I found it a bit strange... but I don't blame him really he was attacked in rural environment. People in Nepal think much differently then those of us raised here. It was in his rice field, he is in his 50's which means he could have grandchildren on his farm? So if you look at it in that respect it might have been fear of it coming to his house and hurting his wife, children and possibly grandchildren. His thoughts most likely where... I might die and not be there to chase it away when it went closer to the family house.