This Disappears When Logged In

This Guy Said Boas Don't Have Teeth.

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by reptile_kid, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

He said boas don't have teeth,and all they have is gums.:DHe actually argued with me me about it,and he knows nothing about reptiles.He would know if he ever got bit.

2. snake77

snake77 Member

Ask him if they don't have teeth how do they pull the prey in into their mouth.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Wow, I hope he wasn't working at a pet shop.

4. reptile_kid

reptile_kid Elite Member

I did and that's when he said they use their gums. Gladly he doesn't work at a petstore.

5. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Don't they pull them in with their sticky tongue? They are related to frogs right?

;)

6. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

I know that poisonous snakes use their teeth to pull prey in, but I am not sure with the boas. I am 100% that boas have teeth though.

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Clearly the person was mistaken. I can say with 100% certainty that my boa has teeth. Those teeth can even draw blood when they bite. lol My neighbor can verify that. ;)

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

All snakes have teeth, they wouldn`t be able to hold onto and swallow anything if they didn`t!! I`m guessing he wasn`t an expert??

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And he OBVIOUSLY slept thru his science class!

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You`re presuming he went to school, Merlin!!??? :D

11. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

:eek: I didn't know snakes didn't have ears. :eek:

12. 1melissa3

1melissa3 Elite Member

Ha, ha, ha. I got a good laugh with this one. I would have been one to "believe" him, a few years ago. . . :) I know, it's a blonde thing. . .

13. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are you blonde, Kendalle? You`re not related to Katt by any chance? :p

14. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

No, and I never had a snake either.

15. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Tell the guy that boas absolutely do have teeth- I have one that I have kept from when my large boa Cayenne bit my hand. It is definitely a tooth and NOT a piece of her gum. If need be I can post a picture of it if he wants to see it to believe it!

16. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

17. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

When I was just a kid, catching snakes in the 'field', I got 'tagged' by Garter snakes all the time, and from the Water Snakes in Beaver pond, and Kelleher's pond. All the bites drew blood, and it wasn't from snake 'gums'!

18. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Not much point in putting a photo of the tooth up David, he may think it`s a tortoise tooth or something. Do you have a photo of the snake actually biting your hand, even I would believe it then!? ;)

19. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Sorry, I didn't have a camera onhand at the time...(smacking head in frustration), I just don't have the timing for photo opportunities. If you like I can try to get a photo of her with her mouth open possibly some of the teeth would be visible. I could also take pics of the next bite I get(afterwards of course).

20. TheRoachRanch

TheRoachRanch Elite Member

Boa's don't chew gum!! Oh wait a second I misread... BTW did the guy have huge dark wrap around sunglasses, a cane, and was a he walking his dog named "seeing eye dog". If so I just saw the SAME guy sitting on a park bench. I will go back down there and give him a piece of my mind for you right away!

-Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.