This Disappears When Logged In

Thinking of Getting Another Snake. & Feeder Question

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by Sangheili, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Sangheili

Sangheili Well-Known Member

I'm currently thinking of getting another snake. I may be moving into my own apartment soon, and apartments here generally allow reptiles because they aren't as messy as cats or dogs.
    I've had a Ball Python for 13 years and the only health problems I've had are bad sheds and he got his heat lamp turned off once and he couldn't digest his rat. But that's about it.
    I have a columbian Red-tail who is about 2 1/2 to 3 years old. Absolutely no problems with her since I've had her. Great eater, very food focused.

I'm thinking of getting another small/medium sized boa or python. I'm not really sure exactly what to get yet. I live at an elevation of 7,200ft and we get snow until June sometimes. Temps in the winter can go down to 50-60 below both during the day and night. We rarely get into the 90's here during the summer.
    Something that would do good in this place, any suggestions?
    My maximum length is about 4 or 5 feet, I can't keep anything longer than that [for now]

As for my second question, I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to an online store that sells quality feeder rats/mice? Bobo [RTB] is on medium-large rats and Alphonse [BP] is on medium rats.
    I just need to find a place that's cheaper than Petco, they sell their frozen rats at stupid prices. [they sell everything at stupid prices really...]

A thank you in advance for anyone who helps me <3

2. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I remember snake peeps talking about rodentpro. I also read there ads in Reptiles Magazine. Try that site. :)

3. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

personally im in love with the super dwarf reticulated python, they dont get very big but are amazing looking, as far as the temps where you live, if you properly house the snake i believe your options are limitless. good luck!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Spotted Python! They don't get much larger than 4 feet!

5. Sangheili

Sangheili Well-Known Member

I'm also thinking about lizards too. I like lizards :3
    I held a Blue Tongued Skink today, I really LOVED him, but he was $150.
    My parents said I could get another if I get a job! So I don't have to move out now xD

How are blue tongued skinks in terms of care and health? I own a beardie, so I'm used to daily feeding.