This Disappears When Logged In

Thinking of Getting an Amazon Tree Boa

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by snubber, Aug 18, 2010.

1. snubber

snubber Elite Member

So with my corn snake not being found in almost 2 weeks i have my doubts i will find him. So i have been tossing back and forth what i want to get. So i looked on lllreptile.com and they have some ATB's. I think the halloween phase colors look really cool. I know the colors will prolly fade with age though. I have an empty tank that can be used for a ATB based on what i have read. I have read the care-sheet on this site and read info else where but what should be a good ambient humidity level for them?

2. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Amazons are great snakes, but very agressive. You should be sure you will be able to handle that. Young amazons are also hard to care for so I would recommend getting one at least one year of age. Humidity can very I mist my Amazons once to twice a day and provide a large water bowl. They don't need alot of heat so it helps with keeping the humidity levels within range.

3. snubber

snubber Elite Member

I can handle an aggressive snake its my girlfriend that I am worried about. She would have to take care of it when i got to work. But i think i will end buying a BRB instead. Both have pretty much the same care needs just the BRB needs more humidity.