This Disappears When Logged In

They Are in Their New Setups!!! (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Thalatte, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

First Tai's cage is structurally done I just had to decorate it...and of course he hates it. Is on the window ledges scratching to get out. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Next Citrus Man now named Jester. At first I put him on too of his basking spot and he licked everything and then froze and wouldn't move so I put him on the bottom and he ran around exploring before climbing up to the top tier and went to sleep.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Yayyy you have a name for him! :)

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I still don't like the name as it doesn't fit my themes but for now its better than referring to him by "the yellow one" or "beardie"

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Looks good! I would add lots of live and fake plants to Tai's cage it'll make him feel more secure. Sometimes we can't even see Zap with all the cover in her's lol!

They both look great!!

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am going to add plants but I just bought them so am waiting a month to make sure all the chemicals are out. As for fake plants I am going to check a few places this weekend to see what I can find. I put the two fake vines in I had but I agree it definitely needs more as his cage looks so bare...

6. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Nice--I'm sure you're happy to have them in their new setups :) On another note, have you considered hosting and posting images through Flickr? It's pretty awkward turning one's head sideways to view images :D

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Sorry I don't know why my phone does that...I will use photo bucket from now on. Or my computer.

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I like the Water dragon`s enclosure very much, the only small criticism is that the twigs are quite slender and look very smooth, and it looks as if they`re varnished? I think it`s always best to have a roughened surface on branches. I understand varnish will offer some protection with the relatively high humidity.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I do have the sticks varnished and there are some smaller ones that are just barely smaller than his body(I will reinforce them) but I had noticed he was having issues walking up them (wasn't expecting the varnish to be so hard) so I wrapped some of the essential ones in fake vines to help climb and come Saturday I will add more(especially on the thin branches). Do you think scoring the wood a bit would help? Do you have any ideas on what else could help? The varnish sounded like a good idea but I realized its not.
    Also will add a few shelves and maybe a trellis on the walls to make it easier on him.

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Looks good over all, I'm sure once you get the plants in it will be even more awesome