This Disappears When Logged In

They Are Hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Kernel, Jun 3, 2012.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, all of them! But there is something about normals that touch my heart :)

2. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

LOL!!!! Just one?? I already have my eye on at least two :D......Michele, I have to agree with you there is something about the normal’s that screams AWESOMENESS!!!

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Same here, but the snows are actually my favorite. This breeding goes to show how genetics can be so unpredictable. The breeding should have produced 1/4 each of normals, amels, anerys and snows, but it ended up produce 1/2 snows, 1/4 anerys, 2 amel and just 1 normal. It's a bummer you're in Canada, the normal will be up for sell in a month or so.

Which 2? The amels?

4. mld

The snows are gorgeous too, I'll take one of each! I just need to move to the states and wait for my husband to go into an old age home! lol So it will be a few years

5. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

You got one of them, I’m eyeing a snow and a amel….
    ScArY …. o_O , wouldn’t it be easier to pretend they showed up magically??

6. mld

I tried that with my leo, didn't go over very well, mind you it took him 7 + months to notice him.

7. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Congratulations!!!! :) I'm so excited for you!

8. justor

justor Elite Member

Awesome! Looks like you had quite a successful outcome with all those snows.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I agree, SCARY smiley-scared003.gif

Thanks

It was very successful, especially considering it was a accidental breeding and I had no idea what the parents genetics were. I now know the amel motley (male) is het anery and the anery (female) is het amel.

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Chances are both my clutches will be normals :) lol Time for some sublimital messaging at night to convince your hubby :)

11. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

LMAO!!!! I usually takes Dee about 15 minutes to notice that there is something going on…However, I think it has to do with the fact that I’m usually dancing around singing “welcome little friend”… not to mention, I scream out “BABE it’s time to change the Feeder list again” ……….and I also have a tendency in buying “ferrero rocher chocolates” as a peace offering…..:-"

;|(| I agree with Susan!!!

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Try the old Jedi mind trick! ;)
    "These are not new herps you are looking at,....Move along!"

13. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Well, I sexed them today. 0.1 normal, 0.2 amels, 0.3 anerys and 3.3 snows. I will pop each one again in a few weeks just to make sure. Feeding them tomorrow.

14. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Do you know the candle sexing method for snows and amels? Hold them up to a bright light, window with sun shining in, and you can see the hemipenes if it's a boy :) Worked for my little snow and amel.

15. Beardiebro

Beardiebro Active Member

I'm getting an Amel in a month!

16. mld

Wow, you got alot of females, at least your snows were a mix of both sexes :)

17. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations Caleb!!
    There really is nothing like seeing those little heads popping out of the eggs. :)
    They are all so beautiful! And it's great to have the extra genetic info on your "parental units"!
    More pics anytime...

18. venus

venus Founding Member

Love the variety of colors. Beautiful babies. :d

19. aeral

aeral Elite Member

They are all so cute! Well done. :) I would love one but snakes are banned in my household.

20. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I want one!!! Can you please start emailing pics to my boyfriend as a "subtle" hint as an anniversary or birthday present?? lol They are gorgeous! Love how the snows and amels look.