This Disappears When Logged In

There's a spider!!

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Padfoot, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

A big spider... on my ceiling... I thought you might be interested... LOL

[​IMG]

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

LOL, there would be much screaming in this house if I had one like that here!!
    How big is it?

3. larly

larly Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

That's my girl, give her a snake and she's fine. One little spider and she freaks out. lol

5. larly

larly Member

Better sleep with your mouth closed tonight!

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

LOL, thats one eerie looking spider :eek:

7. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

LOL!! I think it was around 3-4 inches (including legs). Mom said that when she was young (whoooo... LOL) there were a lot of them around... but that it has been a long time since she saw once. Personally I've never seen one like that. The biggest I have seen around here were like 1.5 inches (including legs).

8. jman

jman Elite Member

I think thats a brown recluse. Stay away from it. If it is it has the potential to seriousally injure or even kill.

9. jman

jman Elite Member

OMG! It is a recluse! Stay away from it! It is worse than a black widow. Search on google Brown recluse. You can see for yourself

10. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

Hmmm.. mom said they called them "araña boba" (meaning, dumb spider).... I'll have to do some research, but it'll be tomorrow.. to late today...

11. jman

jman Elite Member

Hurry look up brown recluse. Please trust me. Don't go to bed with it. Please for the sake of god. I am worried.

12. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

That pic was taken on saturday, I think... the spider is long gone... nothing I can do about it unless it appears again...

13. jman

jman Elite Member

All im sayin is if I had a choice of being bitten by a rattler or a recluse, id choose rattler any day.

14. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

Hmmm.. I did a small photo search and doesn't looks like it to me... look at the abdomen.. on a brown recluse it's rounder and the union between it and the torax/head is thinner.

[​IMG]

Also, it looks hairier to me... I'm not an spider expert, though

15. jman

jman Elite Member

I know one when I see it. They are mostly east coast midwest spiders. Luckly im far away now in Cali. I used to live in Indiana where there were lots of em. You don't have to take my word. All i'm sayin is when you wake up with a big welt on your arm, remember I warned you.

16. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

whatever it is its gross!! *shudder* ew i would definitely not want it in my house no matter what type it is. ick... :eek:

17. Padfoot

Padfoot Elite Member

This spider was WAY bigger than 2 inches... that's for sure...

Either way, trust me when I say I can't do much... this pic was truly taken on saturday... and in my house.. I'm at my apartment (3 hours from home) right now, and it's 1 am... I would have to deal with it tomorrow when I get home...

18. jman

jman Elite Member

Dark if this is the spider i'm claimin it to be then This is serious. No joke, The venom from a brown recluse has been compaired to the rattler and it is the worst spider venom in the states.

19. Moldypotato

Moldypotato Elite Member

I have never seena 2-4 inch brown recluse in my life. I have seen quarter sized as they used to be in one of my houses basements. my mother has been bit by one and her she has to pick her leg of dead skin otherwise her skin on her leg would be totally black... it looks horrible and she has been doing this for years.

20. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

The first thing that popped into MY head when I seen that spider was a Brown Recluse too! Be careful....those ****ers are nasty...Heed jamans warning plz!
    I would've had the neighborhhod screaming right along with me if i saw that thing above ME!!! YUKKKKKK and EWWWWWW!!!
    I just don't do the 'bug thing' real well! :p
    Donna laughs at me all the time in chat for it! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.