This Disappears When Logged In

The Reptile Room

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by Joy81, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

here are some pics of my reptile room! :)

Attached Files:

2. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Oh my, I am envious of your reptile room. It is really neatly organized and all the setups are really well done and pretty. Your animals must be lucky to have you! Thanks for the photos, much appreciated.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice setup, It's nice to be able to have one room that is for just the reptiles, save on heat. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

4. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Ahhh to have a room just for that, you are a lucky girl! :)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Very nice,...and organized!
    Mine is more of a hodgepodge!:">

6. MMWC

MMWC Elite Member

haha Merlin. Joy very nice. I soooo wish I could have a room for my reptiles. Looks great!!

7. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

thanks! We do keep the turtle and the house geckos in the living room, but my inlaws are squeemish so the snakes, Skinks, and Liz are downstairs. :) My mom owns our house we are going to buy it eventually, lol. She remodled the basement and put up the counter in the room, she said it was for "crafting" but it suited my needs perfictly! :)

8. Madame

Madame New Member

My beardies are in my dining room one on each side needless to say they make great dinner converation!

9. mld

yes, that would make great conversation wouldn't it.
    Welcome to the site.

10. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

lol, When we 1st got Liz she was in a 100gal aquarium that was so heavy and cracked that it only made it as far as the dinning room. A 2&1/2ft Tegu staring at you also makes for interesting dinner conversation, lol. I wanted to put her custom cage in the same place, but my husband pointed out that half our friends and family would not come to dinner at our house anymore!

11. mld

I'm in the same position, my family and friends are not so happy with the reptiles and especially the tarantula! Maybe I should adopt a new family? Makes perfect sense, I think.

12. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Same here, except the friends part, all my friends love them but my grandparents and aunts think my ball python is poisonous and the scariest thing in the world.

13. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

LMAO!!!! AAAhhhh!!!!! Killer Ball Python!!! Sounds like my mother in-law!!! LOL!!

14. mld

According to my family, my geckos ( only 4 " long) are killer geckos!!

15. lovesreptiles

lovesreptiles Elite Member

same thing in my house with my leo and even my itty bitty newt

16. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Haha, I never thought about that. My parents and brother are very supportive of my passion for animals, but not the rest of my family. I would trade if I could... maybe. :rolleyes:

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My mother's family are all ophidiophobic. My BP only had to live at her house for a little less than a year, and in that time, my mom actually started to like having her around. Came home one day to find my mom sitting at the table with a book, and Sinthia draped over her shoulders.

"We are being mutually beneficial. I'm having a hot flash. I was hoping that she would steal some of my excess heat, and it sure feels like she is."

When I moved out, mom asked if I was taking Sinthia (my BP), or if I wanted to leave her in Michigan. Now she calls and e-mails to ask how her Grandsnake is doing.

I should get pictures of my herp room up. It's finally going back to normal now.

18. mld

What a cute story, and a great idea for hot flashes, maybe I should invest in a snake!!

19. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

What's in the hex tank?

20. mld

It looks like a turtle?