This Disappears When Logged In

The REAL Monsters We House Thread.

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Skeletor, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

The "free" labor often doesn't work that way!!! LOL The labor to get them here alone is sometimes more than you asked for! Then you gotta feed them. Makes you appreciate having them here and well all the more though. Ya gotta love em. Then there's the one I forgot (oops, is Alzheimer's catching?) the loveable grump aka my father-in-law with Alzheimer's who usually acts about 2 or 3 yrs old, without the added energy. lol

2. lizardking508

lizardking508 Elite Member

No free labor here. Mine thinks if he takes the trash out, I should run out and buy him a playstation.

Ron

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

lol. I know how you feel!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My kids tried that "how much you going to pay me" bit!
    Until i started talking about charging THEM for rent, meals, taxi service etc.
    They decided they were already getting the better end of the deal!

5. lizardking508

Maybe I will try that on him next time.

Ron

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Elite Member

Yeah i don't have a problem with the whole money money money thing just yet. If he is anything like me, it'll happen anytime after he starts talking lol. I was always a good con when it came to my mom, not so much my dad. My mom actually still just randomly hands me money for doing small favors for her (I think i just have her trained that well lol). I tell her everytime not to worry about it, but i know she just loves to help and plus it gives her something to hold out in front of me when she needs something lol. So i guess in all actuality she has me trained (ike giving a dog a treat) lol.

7. lizardking508

My mom is the same way. lol She was watching my 2 year old son the other day, and she slipped me 20 bucks when I went to pick him up. Growing up mom would give me money, dad would give me objects (tools, fishing equipment, bikes). Now that I think about it my wife and I do the same thing with our kids.

Ron

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL Nothing wrong with giving the kids stuff.
    Thats what we as parents and grandparents do!

I just wasn't buying into the whole "If I have to get up off my butt and do something, then you HAVE to give me money" routine.
    I wasn't EVEN going there!

9. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Yes, I have explained to my kids that if THEY get paid for housework, then I expect them to pay ME for cooking, cleaning, and laundering for THEM! (They are 6 and 8, lol!) Our family philosophy is that we all do what we can, and complaining is only allowed at designated intervals. :p (We then whine really loudly and exaggerate all the things that are wrong with our lives, then laugh about it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.